5 FREE Family-Friendly Spring Break Attractions
Spring Break is just around the corner. Do you have any plans for the kids or entire family yet? And if you are like many people, your budget still might be tight from the holidays but you still want to get out and enjoy the weather.
Fortunately, for locals and visitors alike, several of Houston’s most memorable attractions won’t break the bank, in fact they won’t even cost a dime.
5 FREE Family-Friendly Spring Break Attractions
- Tucked on the west side of Memorial park is the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center, a 155-acre nature sanctuary that educates visitors on how to protect native plants and animals in the city. Walk the center’s five miles of trails and visit the sanctuary’s interactive exhibits free of charge. Dogs on leashes are welcome.
- Set sail on a free, 90-minute boat tour of the Port of Houston. While on board the 90-passenger boat, you’ll learn about the history of the seaport and be able to watch ocean freighters and barges navigate the 50-mile channel. The tour is free, but reservations are required.
- Witness 250,000 bats emerge at dusk from under the Waugh Drive Bridge, located over Buffalo Bayou between Allen Parkway and Memorial Drive.
- Miller Outdoor Theatre might be one of the best reasons to visit (and live in!) Houston. Open from March through November, the venue hosts a range of performances including classical music, ballet, dance, film, Shakespeare and more. The theater, set inside Hermann Park, also allows patrons to BYOB (no glass containers, please!), so pack a picnic and settle in for the show.
- Open and free to the public, the Moody Center is dedicated to trans-disciplinary collaboration in the arts, sciences and humanities, and establishes a new arts district on the campus as it stands close by the distinguished Shepherd School of Music and the permanent James Turrell Twilight Epiphany Skyspace. The $30 million, 50,000-square-foot center serves as an experimental platform for creating and presenting works in all disciplines, a flexible teaching space and a forum for creative partnerships with visiting national and international artists.
Maybe you are not one of the ones with a tight budget and have a few dollars to spend. If that’s the case, here are some local destinations that come with a reasonable cost.
5 More Fun Family-Friendly Spring Break Destinations That Cost
- Moody Gardens: On top of Moody Garden’s famous aquarium, rainforest and discovery pyramids, they also have an exhilarating five-tier Sky Trail Ropes Course which boasts being the tallest Steel Ropes Course on the Gulf Coast! After you conquer the ropes course, thrill seekers can boost their adventure with the Moody Gardens Zip Line that travels 60-feet above Palm Beach and the Lazy River!
- Schlitterbahn Spring Break: Schlitterbahn Waterpark Galveston heats up the Wasserfest section of the park to deliver the most Spring Break fun. Their indoor waterpark is awarded the Golden Ticket for World’s Best Indoor Waterpark for the last eight years in a row. Tickets are only $25.99 for adults and $20.99 for children and seniors! Schlitterbahn Spring Break will be open from March 10 to 18 with extended hours of 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier: The beautiful landmark located at 25th & Seawall will be open from March 9 to 18, and will offer a special three-in-one deal that offers Pleasure Pier, the Kemah Boardwalk and the Downtown Aquarium in Houston for a reduced price of $89.99. This price includes unlimited access to each of these attractions throughout the entirety of spring break. Enjoy the cool Gulf breezes as you enjoy rides such as the Gulf Glider, Iron Shark and Revolution.
- Jet Boat Thrill Ride: The entire family will enjoy the thrill and excitement of right-angle turns, accelerated speeds and “The Hamilton Spin,” a maneuver that spins the boat 360 degrees on its axis throwing a head-high wall of water into the air. Tickets are $30 and you can book online here.
- Space Center Houston: Experience nine days of space exploration education during Space Center Houston Spring Break – Days of Innovation March 10-18. Discover flown spacecraft from the first and last crewed lunar landings, see and touch actual moon and Mars rocks, have Lunch with an Astronaut and explore space science through hands-on learning. With more than 400 things to see and do, Space Center Houston has something for everyone.
Did you know Texas 6 RV Park is located with easy access to Houston, Pearland, Sugarland , Galveston and all these Local Attractions!! Call us today to reserve a spot!
Do you have a favorite Spring Break destination not listed? Leave us a comment!
Content credit: https://www.visithoustontexas.com/things-to-do/attractions/free-things-to-do/ https://www.galveston.com/